Every time you remove a wet or soiled incontinence product you should clean the area before putting on a clean product. Proper skin cleaning will benefit skin health but also reduce infections.
At Rely Medical Supply, we have a good selection of disposable washcloths to ensure proper cleaning.
Helpful hints for using disposable washcloths.
- Use different corners of the washcloth to cleanse the skin.
- Start in the front and wipe towards the buttocks.
- Rotate to a clean part of the washcloth each time you wipe.
- Continue wiping until the whole area is clean.
- It is important to clean in between the skin folds.
Do NOT flush disposable washcloths
Washcloths are not made like toilet tissue and DO NOT break down during flushing. If washcloths are flushed, they will not break down and serious plumbing problems may occur.
If you have questions about disposable washcloths or other personal care products, we are here to help you!
Call Rely Medical Supply today toll-free at 1-888-529-2308. Our phones are answered from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Central Standard Time. Call or shop online today, our helpful and compassionate product experts are trained to help you select the right products for your needs.