Manuka honey (also known as leptospermum scoparium honey), which is used medically, is referred to as "medihoney" in this phrase. Manuka honey's therapeutic uses were first identified in Australia and New Zealand, where bees have long pollinated the local manuka shrub. Methylglyoxal, which is believed by research to be the basis for manuka honey's antibacterial effects, is present in the substance. Manuka honey is an essential element in the natural healing of wounds because of its antibacterial qualities.
- MEDIHONEY® Calcium Alginate Dressing with Active Leptospermum Honey
- MEDIHONEY® is a medical-grade honey derived from the pollen and nectar of the Leptospermum species of plant in New Zealand and Australia. It is unique among all type of honey in that it maintains its effectiveness even in the presence of wound fluid
- As wound fluid enters the dressing, the honey is released while the dressing absorbs and forms a gel
- Demonstrated efficacy from onset of a wound through to closure
- Cleanses and debrides due to its high osmolarity
- Helps to lower the wound pH, for an optimal wound healing environment
- Indications: to cover and/or fill partial-to-full thickness wound with moderate-to-heavy drainage
- Single use only
- Not made with natural rubber latex
- MEDIHONEY is a registered trademark of Medihoney Pty Ltd. and used with permission by Derma Sciences, Inc.
4" x 5"
1 each / 10 per box